J. David Smith
Baton Rouge Workers’ Compensation Attorney Serving Louisiana
J. David Smith (David) was born in Bossier City, Louisiana. He earned both
his undergraduate and law degree from Lousiana State University by 1998.
David’s litigation experience includes trial and appellate advocacy
before state and federal courts, where he has tried, won, and defended
on appeal, substantial judgments for his clients. David only represents
injured workers and never represents insurance companies.
Awards and Recognition
- Top 100 injured workers’ advocates nationally- WILG- 2014 & 2017
- Bar Examiner for the Louisiana Supreme Court’s Committee on Bar Admissions
- Law clerk- Louisiana State Senator/ Attorney J. D. DeBlieux & Attorney
Ralph Brewer- Two pioneers in early workers' compensation and disability law
- State and Federal Courts in Louisiana
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Baton Rouge Bar Association
- B.S. in Finance- Lousiana State University- 1992
- J.D.- Lousiana State University, Paul M. Hebert School of Law- 1998
David is also member of several national and state associations of work
injury lawyers, including:
- Work Injury and Law Advocacy Group (W.I.L.G.)
- Louisiana Workers’ Advocacy Group
To schedule a
free initial consultation to discuss your case, call J. David Smith, Attorney at Law at (866) 712-2667.
We proudly serve clients throughout Louisiana.